The idea of candling comes from a technique used by the Hopi Indians. However, the candles I use are BIOSUN Ear Candles. They benefit from 19 years of experience, and are “regularly tested by independent institutes”. They are made from pesticide-free, untreated cotton, pure beeswax, honey extract and traditional herbs such as sage, St John’s Wort, chamomile and pure essential oils.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM AN EAR CANDLING SESSION?
The ear candle is gently placed into the ear. It is then lit. This acts like a chimney effect and the draw of the flame pulls air, and thus wax too, from the ear and up into the wax chimney. This process is extremely relaxing and there is a delicious feeling of warmth in the ears and a balancing of the pressure in the ears, forehead and sinuses. This physical effect is often described after treatment as a soothing, pressure-relieving sensation, mainly in the sinus cavities. Both ears are treated and afterwards we have a look at the candle contents. The whole treatment brings a wonderful feeling of relaxation and security
BENEFITS OF EAR CANDLING
Hopi Ear Candles are useful for sufferers of the following conditions:
- Excess or compacted ear wax
- Hay Fever/Rhinitis/Tinnitus/Sinusitis/Neuralgia
- Glue Ear
- For energetic revitalisation in cases of Hearing Impediment.
These indications are supported by the experience of practitioners over many years. They do not constitute a guarantee of medical efficiency. Ear Candling is also a great treatment to have when recovering from a cold or ‘flu, or simply to de-stress and clear the head. The aromatherapy effects of the candle promote relaxation and stress reduction.
ARE THERE TIMES WHEN EAR CANDLES CANNOT BE USED?
Ear candles cannot be used in the following cases:
- In the first three months of pregnancy
- If the eardrum is perforated
- If grommets or other such drainage devices are in place in the eardrum
- If the outer ear is infected or inflamed or has a skin condition
- If you are allergic to any of the candle ingredients
- If antibiotics are being taken for an ear, nose or throat problem
- If root canal or other dental work has left the face sore
- If a cochlea implant is in place.